Saturday, August 21, 2010

I am looking for a one piece bath tub surround to fit a large (73';x36';) jet tub?

I have a 73'; x 36'; tub and would like a one piece tub surround. So far talking to Rona, Home Depot, and many more plus bathroom renovators.....the only one that can provide me with a one piece surround is Bath Fitters ($3000!!!!) I was hoping to find a solution for about half that amount (or less). I have installed a product called aqua floor (a bathroom product that installed like lino for tub surround uses) in a previous renovation, but, can't seem to aquire that product anymore from my local vendors. Does anybody have an alternate solution for me other than tile or is there maybe even a product that you can apply (like paint or something) directly to the wall, that will work like a tub surround?I am looking for a one piece bath tub surround to fit a large (73';x36';) jet tub?
Well, it seems like you have answered your own question. The obvious solution is tile. If you have a nice tub, then tile is much nicer than any plastic tub surround. Since your tub is an odd size, most standard surrounds won't fit. I would contact the manufacturer of the tub (Jacuzzi or Kohler or who ever made it) and ask them for a recommendation.

No comments:

Post a Comment