Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Is it bad for my dog's ears to wash him in our standard bath tub? Suggestions for bathing my 24 lb. Shih-Tzu?

Bathing in the tub is fine, and probably the easiest, getting water on his head is fine, just be careful not to allow water to pour on his ears, that could cause him harm. Just get him wet enough to wash, if you are concerned or if your dog has ear problems, you could use a wash cloth to get its head wet, that way the water placement is more precise. Same with rinsing, just wipe down with a washcloth until all the soap is out. Good luck! And if the ears do get wet,go ahead and gently dry them with a towel. I do not think it is ok to put cotton in your dog's ears, by the way.Is it bad for my dog's ears to wash him in our standard bath tub? Suggestions for bathing my 24 lb. Shih-Tzu?
I would try the kitchen sink, but I guess the bath tub is ok. I wash my 45 pound dog in the shower with a hand held nozzle. Try puting cotton balls in his ears with a little petroleum jelly on them to repell some of the waterIs it bad for my dog's ears to wash him in our standard bath tub? Suggestions for bathing my 24 lb. Shih-Tzu?
**OMG**!!


24 LBS???


WHAT a MONSTER!!!


That's DOUBLE the size they're SUPPOSED TO BE!!!!





Is it GROSSLY fat or just a POS example of the breed?


Or BOTH???
You can bathe him in the tub(or the kitchen sink).... make sure he's combed out first as mats tighten when they get wet. Use luke warm water, dog shampoo, and dog conditioner(if you choose). Actually, bathing the dog is a good time to clean his ears(use a cotton ball w/ a small amount of rubbing alcohol) and wipe the inside of his ears(don't poke where you can't see).
There is stuff called swimmers ears that you can put in your dogs ears to help dry them out after you give it a bath. The groomer should pluck the dog's ears and clean them when it gets groomed.
I wash my Rott in my bathtub... I have one of those removable shower heads... that is all...
Just try to keep the water from flowing directly into his ears. They also make dry shampoos that require no water at all, check with your vet or pet store to see if they carry it
it's a good idea to place cotton ball in the dogs ear while bathing him in the tub, this prevent the water entering his ear and creating bacteria that can cause ear infections. There is ear solutions available for ear clean.
you can bathe him in the tub, just put cotton in his ears to keep the water out.
yeah, you can put cotton or a shower cap on him.


or put some oil or vasiline in his ears.


it will keep out the water. ^^
it is not bad at all just make sure that you do not get the shampoo all the way down its ears.








p.s i love those dogs they are so cute!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment