Saturday, August 21, 2010

My tenant has just filled my house with water leaving a tap drip in the bath tub watering plants am i covered?

with normal tenant insurance i have not intent or malicious damage insuranceMy tenant has just filled my house with water leaving a tap drip in the bath tub watering plants am i covered?
It depends on what perils your policy covers. If water damage is covered then your insurer will pay for the loss subject to your deductible. They would then go after your tenant for the loss. If your tenant does have a Tenant's Policy then they should be filing a claim with their insurer, as this would be covered under the liability section.My tenant has just filled my house with water leaving a tap drip in the bath tub watering plants am i covered?
I would read the policy contract. Some policies cover accidental water damage and some specifically exclude it. It all depends on the form. Good Luck
Homeowners insurance will cover the damage but they will sue your tenant for the costs.

No comments:

Post a Comment