Wednesday, August 25, 2010

My wedding ring just went down the bath tub how do i retrieve it?

Yep.. a plumber.My wedding ring just went down the bath tub how do i retrieve it?
1. don't use the tub until you get the ring


2. use a wet/dry vac set up for wet pick up.





You will probably have to remove the trip lever mechanism (two screws) and / or the stopper mechanism. Block one while you apply the vac hose to the other.





With respect to comments above often tub traps are not accessible without opening up the ceiling below.





This should get you what you want if the ring is still in the tub trap. If it is not there then it has gone further down the drain and the next (and last) place you can look for it is the house trap. That is a little ...tricky-er.My wedding ring just went down the bath tub how do i retrieve it?
I agree. You might be able to access the trap by yourself, and even get it off, but if you're not experienced, you may need a plumber to put everything back and get it leakproof, so you might as well call one now. And, if you can, -turn off the water- to the tub, so you don't accidentally run it. If you can't do that, at least block the drain.
You will need to take the plumbing apart in the basement or crawl space. There is a ';u'; piece where it's probably stuck. I wouldn't run any water in the tub until you can retrieve it. Once it gets past that part of the drain then it is probably gone. If it were me, I'd call a plumber and have them retrieve it asap.


I'd be in tears until I had it back on my finger.
It's in the trap below. Don't panic!! I have retrieved my wife's stuff before. Get a hanger or other long, slightly flexible wire, and attach something sticky to the end. Like bubblegum or anything stickier. If this doesn't work the trap below can be taken apart and removed. Your ring is in there. Good luck.
';IF'; you're lucky, it's in the trap, but for the most part if any water was running, it stands a good chance it's gone...





tell hubby to buy you a larger model so it won't fall past the drain opening!
Call a plumber ~ he will have to go beneath the tub and open up the pee trap and with any luck, your wedding ring will be lodged in there.
Call a plumber or wave goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment