Saturday, August 7, 2010

Why was my cat in the bath tub?

Late last night I found my cat in the bathtub...for all we know she HATES the bathroom (cause of bathtime). She was just sitting there -relaxed like. This is extremely strange (esp. since the tub isn't a warm place), the type of personality she has is very sassy and has a nice warm bed in the bedroom.


Can anyone make sense of this for me?


I am just boggled.Why was my cat in the bath tub?
Is there a drip from the faucet or shower head? Cats like moving water and drips are often an attractive opportunity to take a drink or two. Your cat could have been stalking a spider that lead her into the tub.





As for anyone making sense...I'm not so sure anyone can. There are sooooooo many things that cats do and the little quirks they have that simply defy human explanation other than, ';your cat is being a cat.';





Your cat was just being a cat -- best explanation I can think of.Why was my cat in the bath tub?
She might have been cooling off...I sometimes think my cat lies in our bathtub or on the hardwood floors when she's too hot.


She also may have been scratching her back before you caught her. My cat likes to roll around in the tub. Maybe because you can roll really easy in it? Who knows...


Finally she may have been playing with your shower curtain before you came in. If you have a plastic shower liner, check it for slices. My cat has done this too.
Anytime a cats behavior changes, it should be investigated. Many times, it is a sign that there is a health issue. Since it is not hot at this time of year, the cat may be experiencing pain or discomfort and sitting in a cold bathtub may give it some relief. The only way to know for sure is a vet visit.
She reminds me of a kitten we once had. The kitten liked running through the house and jumping into the empty bathtub. Once someone had left water in the tub and the door to the bathroom was open. The kitten jumped into the bathtub as usual, and then really jumped out fast and raced down the hall.


Cats like to explore and to play.
Many cats actually like water, especially if it is their idea and not yours. She may have been looking for water to drink. There may have been an insect that flew in there like a fly or moth. She may have followed the insect.


On the other hand, a change in behavior could indicate a problem. If she continues with this behavior, you may want to get her checked out by a vet.
cats like VERY fresh water, and may be there to lick the faucet.


Cats also like very cool places sometimes, not as often as warm.


Cats love boxes too, and she may have felt that being in a tub, surounded, reminded her of being in a box.
2 answers the reason either my cat or dog will be in the bathroom,,lol when my dog is out of water i can hear her licking on the water faucet or 2 its a generally cool area and it feels good to them
I think the bathtub is a nice cool place. Maybe she was a bit too warm and was cooling off. Cats are funny that way.
My cat does this when she needs to cool off,they are not keen on fur lined baskets!

No comments:

Post a Comment