Saturday, August 21, 2010

How old should a child be, before you can leave them alone in the bath tub?

I was talking about it at work with some ppl and we all said different things other than it depends on the child.





what is your thoughts on this topic?How old should a child be, before you can leave them alone in the bath tub?
That is a question that no two mothers will agree on.


You will get a range of answers.


It's really up to you when it comes down to the deciding factor.





I do agree it has a lot to do with your child. If your child sits down and knows not to stand up, then I think at the age of 2 is ok to leave the child alone for a little while. I'm not talking about hours. I mean like 5-10 min while you run to do something else.


If your child is very active in the tub, then leaving the child is not a good idea until he/she is 3 years old.


You have to make sure there is only a little water in the tub and you have a skid proof mat so the child won't be sliding around.


Me personally, I think at the age of 2 is ok. I will leave my two kids in the tub for 2-5 minutes while I get there pj's ready. But for the most part, I still always sit in the bathroom with them.


So, at the age of 3 years old, I will probably trust that they will be ok in the bathtub.


You alwys make sure your in ear shot of the bathroom.How old should a child be, before you can leave them alone in the bath tub?
lol i hope 4, cuz my 4 yr old is alone in the tub right now..i guess it depends though, he knows how to swim and float, so i trust him a little more around water...i can hear him though, so if it got quiet for more than 5-10 seconds i would call him or go in there.
Five years
whenever the child is responsible enough


around 5...
Once a child can swim independently, I would say it would be okay for a brief moment but the thing is, anything can happen in the tub. They could pass out for some mysterious reason or hit their head or accidently inhale too much water while trying to blow bubbles or something. A lot can happen so I wouldn't really leave them alone until they are more out of baths and into taking showers. Just my opinion.
I would say about 4 yrs old.
well, my son is 3 1/2 now and i might walk away to put the lid down on the washing machine, or answer the phone or something, but i wouldnt leave him alone in the tub.





on the other hand, he often takes showers and as long as i leave the door open and can hear him moving around, talking to himself, playing with the toys, i might fold laundry or straighten up the house (its a small house, never out of ear shot!)
Well it really does depend on the child. I think it should be anywhere from 3-5. My best friends oldest was allowed to take bathes alone by age three. Of course the bathroom door had to be left open and she was checked on occasionally to make sure she was alright. Usually we knew she was becasue she was splashing around and laughing. She wasn't allowed to be alone with the door closed until she was 5.
Maya is 2 1/2, and she can swim, hold her breath and all. But I do not feel comfortable leaving her alone even though she would probably be okay 99% of the time. But that other1% is the one you have to worry about. I will leave when she is in the shower, and in earshot. I usually have a conversation with her when I do this.





It is hard, because a child of 11 could get up slip and drown, but that doesn't mean you should sit in the room with them. I agree that it should be done incrementally and wait until the child begins asking for privacy.
i get really scared about leaving my 4 year old cuz in the bath tub to go get a towel lol i would say....5
My daughter is now two and half. I don't see any time soon when I can leave her alone in the bath, I get everything ready before I bring her to the bath. I still take her out of the bath if I need to get something. I think it all depends on the child. Some are ready at an early age, others need to wait until they are older. You will most likely know when your child is old enough.





I feel, even if the parent checks on the child every 5-10 minutes, I don't think it is good enough. If something happens, then it will be to late by the time you find them. Their life is to special to have anything happen.
My daughter was 5, but I left the door open and talked to her as I done my chores. I waited until she became more modest and closed the door herself!
  • black lipstick
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment