Wednesday, August 25, 2010

How can I bath my 2 month old baby? can I take her with my self to bath tub or no?

Yes ofcourse you can. My son loved bathing with me. They enjoy the skin to skin contact. He could always smell my milk and would always feed whilst in the bath. Just make sure its not too hot for her and it is always easier if you have someone home to take her out when she is done. It is very difficult on your own.





She will love it trust me!!How can I bath my 2 month old baby? can I take her with my self to bath tub or no?
Baby bath tubs were SO akward for me. I simply did not feel comfortable trying to wash my son in one and keep him safe with the way he wiggled.





I took my son in the bath with me after about 2 attempts with a baby bathtub, it was much better. LOTS of parents take their kid into the bath tub also, don't think its weird. Isn't it just as much risk to drop your child on a hard tile bathroom floor or ceramic sink as it is a bath tub?? As well your body heat keeps them warmer.





This is what I did. I filled the tub with just a few inches of warm water. Then I would sit down cross legged (Indian style) in the tub and layed him in my lap. The water level would be just under my legs so that his back was wet laying down but there wasn't to much water.


My legs took the place of the baby tub, and because I can control my legs then I could hold him more tightly or loosen up depending on what he needed at each moment.


I used one hand to hold onto him also. Then I used my other hand to wash him. It was easier to rinse him also with plenty of water all around me and not worring arout trying to get around him in a small bath tub or spilling it.


I would also have a cup or scooper next to me in the tub to help rinse with and a towel in reach right outside of the tub.


After I was done with him I would wrap him in the towel and cuddle him for a few minutes. Then I would dry his hair, wrap him in another towel and hand him over to my husband so I could take my bath.





Hope that helps!! :)How can I bath my 2 month old baby? can I take her with my self to bath tub or no?
Yes, just keep in mind that adult soaps and shampoos can irritate her skin. You should use baby wash if she is in the tub w/ you.
I bathed my son in the sink. I sat him upright, leaning over my left arm(which I used to prop him up). The baby tub with a hammock is the best way. I tried taking him in the tub with me a few times but they're so darn slippery, I got nervouse and decided to not do it anymore.
Sure you can! Just make sure that the bath water is not too hot. Bathing with your baby is so comforting to the mother as well as the baby.


It would be easier though if they weren't such slippery little things LOL :)
I WOULD NOT take her in the tub with me. This is scary for her without other dangers present. Try using a small tub of water and a soft washcloth. Don't submerse her in water, just hold her and her wash off.
U can bath her however u want. My hubby and i would either bath our kids in their lil tub or give them a bath with us. we even took them in the shower with us. Just make sure u keep a really good grip on them cause they get real slippery. Plus my kids love showers as opposed to some kids i know who are deathly afraid of the shower cause they have never been in a actual shower only bath tubs
How have you been bathing her up until now? Ther eshould be no difference.





You can hold her in the bath with you, it's a great bonding experience, but you have to ensure the water isn't going to burn her skin.


Test it with your elbow, it shouldn't feel any colder or warmer than the skin on your elbow :)
you can bathe him in the sink with one of those spongy pad thingies, or in an infant bathtub. you can take him in the bath rub with you if you like but i would wait until he had good control of his head and neck. we took out son in the shower with us, being very careful of course. he loved it.
I wouldn't....they are really squirmy and the soap doesn't make it any easier...





I would use a baby tub available at any drug store or large chain discount store near you...





I would wait til baby can sit up before sharing a bath with mamma...it'd be easier for both of you I suspect.
u can use an infant bath or u can take her with u into the tub. the only problem with taking a bath with ur baby is how will u wash yourself when u need to use your hands to carry the baby. the baby would also be sitting in your dirty bath water.





i used the infant bath and bathed him on the floor in the livingroom. it was much easier
I did with all 4 of mine. They also went in the shower with me too.
yeah that is what my mom did to me
are you just now bathing your baby?? if so why?? i found that having baby in shower or tub with me was hard to hold them the water makes them slippery, i use a baby bath they are a god send, get one.
If I knew my husband was there for the ';hand-off'; then I did. and it's really easy.





If you're sitting inthe tub with your knees bent, just use your thighs as a back rest for the baby. when the baby is all sparkly.. then hand her off to daddy fo the dry off.. you can finish up, by then baby should be dry, powdered, and diapered.. then you can finish.. or this could all be time with daddy.
yes... you can take her in the bathtub or the shower (they're slippery though)
Use the sink. Line it with a folded towel. If you leave the drain open but the towel covering the drain, it won't overflow while still holding enough water for the bath. Also this way you don't have to bend over. I use the bathroom sink for little babies and use the kitchen sink when they outgrown the bathroom sink.
You could try the kitchen sink - it's nice because you can stand. Clean the sink really good, then put a towel in to cover the bottom and sides (makes it more comfortable for baby). It worked for me when I had twins.
It really depends on what you are comfortable with. I wasn't comfortable trying a bath with my daughter until she was 4 mo old. She promptly pooped in the tub. I very quickly got out, slapped a diaper on her bum, stuck her in the crib and took a very hot shower. LOL. I've not tried a bath with any of my children since.





What DOES work for me, is a very little bit of water in the tub and lay baby in the tub. I wash with one hand while placing the other hand on baby's chest to make sure that s/he doesn't roll over. Washing baby in a freshly cleaned kitchen sink works well for my hubby but it never worked well for me.
no i think you shouldn't take her with you, if you decide to, be careful with her ears

No comments:

Post a Comment