Saturday, August 21, 2010

What is the best bath tub?

I am trying to find the best bath tube to purchase for my new born. He is due on feb 18th. I want a tub i can use as an newborn, infant and toddler. Please give me links and pictures.What is the best bath tub?
This is the tub we have http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.d鈥?/a> Our son is 11 weeks old and we have been using it since his cord fell off. The sling is good for newborns. We are still using it but our son will be too big before long. When they are too big you unhook the lower end of the sling and your baby can sit on a built in seat in the bottom of the tub and still use the head rest to support his head. Once he doesn't need the headrest you can remove the entire sling and just use the tub. We love ours and use it for every bath.What is the best bath tub?
It's a waste of money trying to find one you can use for newborn, infant, and toddler stages. You're better off using the kitchen sink or just getting a REALLY cheap tub to use at first.





We used a tub for about 3 months until we finally realized it was a waste of effort. Then we just got a bath sponge our son could lay on in the tub. Then, when he could sit up well, we just sat him up in the tub.





A baby bath tub for a toddler and older infant is kind of impractical.
I haven't got a chance to use it yet cause my baby will not be born til late april but I bought the Primo Eurobath. I believe its the biggest one out there. So if u have a regular size bathtub to put it in it MIGHT not fit. I have a garden tub so I am fine. I knew it was big but its just what I wanted, I can't wait to use it. It has no pads or anything on it which I am glad cause I was afraid of having those turn moldy or mildewy, didn't want to mess with that at all. u can use this one from birth to 2yrs and another thing I love about it is its pretty deep, which means the babies body can pretty much be submerged into the water (depending on the amount of water u put in) that way the baby wont get cold.





I had read alot of tub reviews and everyone kept saying how their baby would cry and hate baths but it was probably because it was cold, I'd cry too if I was not in the warm water. anyway the link is below, check it out.





I can not find this in the stores I ordered mine from toys r us. :-) if u go to the toys r us link below u can read through the 273 reviews on it, it has a very good rating. again its big but on the Primobaby site they give u an idea on how to store it by hanging on the wall. that is what I am gonna do :-)





Edit: I just have to come back and add, and I know everyone is different but for me I could NEVER use a kitchen sink to bath a baby, that will just make me puke all over the place that is so nasty. Justing thinking of our dirty it could be and the fact that u rinse off raw meat in there and everything, ehhhhhh I don't care if it was cloroxed first that is soooo nasty to me I could not do it.
sry I have 2 kids and I never had a baby tub


what they were newborns I used the kitchen sink with a towl en the bottom and when they out grew the sink they took a normal bath with the sit in seat to keep them in place.





I think that those tubs are just a marketing scam to make us spend more then we need.
I bought a tub with my daughter but then when we had our son we never bought one. I am expecting again and will not buy one. You will not use it very often. But if you are set in getting one I would get one that is reasonably priced and doesn't have all the bells and whistles. You will just be paying for the look. If you can get a bath that grows with your baby. Try to get something so you can get the best out of your money.
This is the one we bought for our son!! We love it!!


http://www.walmart.com/catalog/detail.gs鈥?/a>


It does have a sling that fits into that you can use when you give your newborn a sponge bath or when they are very little. We used in on the counter at first then put it in the bath tub once we took the sling out!


Congrats on your little one!!!
Honestly, I doubt you'll use a tub much. I take a bath with my baby every night. We both get cleaned and bond..and there isn't an extra tub getting in the way or needing to be filled, emptied, or cleaned. You can also by a floatie foam pad for the big tub. You'll only use a baby tub til your wee one is sitting up really well anyway. Why waste the money?
I bought this one originally:


http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp鈥?/a>





and while it was nice to have for the first few weeks when we were so nervous bathing him, he outgrew it really quickly. The last time we used it we could only put like a quarter of an inch of water in it because he displaced so much!





Now I have this one:


http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp鈥?/a>





and I think that's what I should have bought from the very start. It's amazing and should grow with him just fine.
i got this one for my son





http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp鈥?/a>
I spent a huge amount of money on a first steps one that leaked.





My 20 dollar target brand one is perfect.
  • black lipstick
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment